Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shark party!

So after Princess P's birthday, we went to Mexico for a week, and now we are gearing up for Boy Wonder's birthday. (This is what I get for having kids' birthdays back to back! Oh well.)

Boy Wonder has requested a SHARK themed party. To be honest I am still scratching my head, a little bit, trying to figure out how best to do this. So far we have given out invitations and are just waiting for our RSVPs to come in. Here is the invite:


I made these at work, so I didn't have my camera with me to take piece by piece photos for a real tutorial, but here's a quick & dirty one.

You need posterboard in medium blue, sky blue, grey, and white. You'll also need scissors (and if you have any pinking shears, those too), white glue, and a heavy black marker (I used a Sharpie.)

It's pretty simple - you need to cut out a medium blue rectangle for your background. Match the width of the blue background to the width of your shark's nose, and cut it from the grey. Cut another smaller piece from grey for the shark's mouth. Inside the mouth glue a piece of white paper cut to the same size and trimmed with pinking shears to make teeth (or cut the teeth in yourself with regular straight scissors.) Glue a sky blue wave along the top of the card for your kid's name & party name ("Dylan's 4th Birthday", etc.)

I put the party details inside the shark's mouth. According to my sister in law, my nephew loves his and made it chomp dinner after we gave it to him.

More to follow when I get some more sharky ideas figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment