Wednesday, March 28, 2012

bad blogger! bad! and a sharky centerpiece

Super sorry for the lack of posting. I was at my first horse show on the weekend, which is my usual blogging time, and between little kids, work, and a life - I didn't manage to get in here until now!

Luckily I have another shark craft for you to try with your littles. I didn't take any progress pics, because, honestly, this one is super simple.

You'll need:

an egg carton
tissue paper in various shades of blue and white
bamboo skewers
googly eyes
glue
scotch tape
marker
grey cardstock

Cut out shark shapes from cardstock. Let your kids glue on googly eyes. Once the glue has dried, tape the dull end of the bamboo skewer to the shark.

Now wrap the egg carton in blue tissue paper and tape the seam. Layer the different shades of tissue paper on top.

Using the pointy end of the bamboo skewer, stick the sharks through the tissue paper and into the egg carton. Repeat with the rest of the sharks, leaving them at different heights. Fluff up the tissue paper if need be to make it look "wavier".

And here you go - sharks swimming in the ocean! This was a fun centerpiece for me and Boy Wonder to make and it was just the right size for snack time at his birthday party.


No comments:

Post a Comment